Wednesday, August 26, 2009




Well, now you can see some progress! The outside of my house is completely resided with Tuscan Clay vinyl siding. I am extremely pleased with how fantastic my old red door looks with the siding, and all I will need to do is repaint the door. Kevin and I bought new black lights to go by the front door and on both sides of the garage, and a friend offered to come install those for me over Labor Day weekend. Finally, since shutters are not as expensive as I feared, I ordered black shutters for the front window. They'll be here in a few weeks. Thanks to Cheya and Mom, who instructed me that my shutters and front door should be different colors so the front door will be more inviting.

The back view gives you a better idea of how the siding looks, and I tried to avoid taking a picture of all the clutter in my back yard. At this very moment, when I was taking the picture, the guys were finishing up texturing the walls and ceilings; that's why the NEW back slider is open. By the way, have I mentioned that the new slider is 6 feet, instead of 5 feet, wide? I can't wait to walk through my new dining room and out this door.

Painting on Friday night and Saturday! Cabinets on Monday! I've even bought two new low-fat, healthy cookbooks to celebrate cooking again--whenever that happens!


4 comments:

Booklogged said...

Love that siding. It's so classy, especially with your front door. Are our doors the same color, do you think? Yours shows up so much better against that lighter background. And new windows throughout - awesome. I bet you love driving up to that each day.

Framed said...

It looks amazing. Maybe I'll start saving up.

julie said...

I love how the new siding looks in pictures and am excited to see the finished product in person!

Alyson said...

I didn't know you were getting new siding as well. It looks great!! I cant wait to see all the changes to your house; especially the new kitchen.